Sunday, March 7, 2010

What you cooking this week??

Every week I whip out my cookbooks and bazillions of printed out recipes and pick some newbies to try. I am excited this week with a ton of new recipes to try out on Cory. One recipe I am anxious to try is Chicken Spaghetti from The Pioneer Woman. I ran across this recipe in a magazine and since then have became an avid reader of her recipes and blog ;) Here is the recipe if you decide to try out a newbie this week :) If this isn't something you may like go check out her website there is bound to be something you will love~

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chicken_spaghet/

Ingredients

* 2 cups Cooked Chicken
* 3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
* 2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
* 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
* ¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
* ¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
* 1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
* 2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
* 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
* ⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
* Salt And Pepper, to taste
* 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Preparation Instructions

Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.

Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).



*** I will be changing a few things for our personal taste. I will be leaving out the green pepper because Cory CAN NOT STAND ANY TYPE OF BELL PEPPER and I will be making the chicken in the steamer because its easier and healthier...hey got to make it healthy in any small way I can (I also use whole wheat pasta, we actually prefer that now) ;)

0 comments: