Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Slane's Recipe Archive

I made the chicken spaghetti last night and if I was a true blue food blogger I would have taken a picture of it and posted it....however...I forgot and I am not the best true food blogger...(if you are looking for some good ones I have a ton of links on my page go check em out! one of my faves is Annie Eats) (I wish I was however none of the recipes are my own so I don't know what that makes me) Anyways, it was ok. I will have to change it up when I make it again. Cory said there was to much onion so that scared him away...but overall I like it ;) Anyways tonight I am making a tried and true recipe that is delicious!!! I thought I would share it with you if you are looking for something to mix up chicken a bit...we have chicken 3-4 times a week so I really like finding new ways to cook it. This recipe is from Rachael Ray and it is Yum-o as she would say!

Pesto-Presto Italian Flag Chicken


INGREDIENTS:
5-6 leaves basil
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves (about a handful)
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1 block soft garlic and herb cheese, such as Boursin brand
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (about 2 handfuls), divided
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
PreparationPre-heat the oven to 450ºF.

In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, pine nuts, soft cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmigiano Reggiano (about a handful) and some salt and pepper. Process into a smooth paste. Reserve.

Butterfly each of the chicken breasts and pound them out lightly in a plastic bag with a dash of water using a skillet or meat mallet. Season both sides of the chicken and divide the herb-cheese mixture between the four breasts, placing a scoop on one half of each breast. Fold the flap of chicken over to enclose the cheese mixture.

Transfer the chicken pockets to a baking sheet and lay three slices of tomato over each breast, overlapping them like shingles. Season with some salt and pepper, drizzle with about 2 tablespoons EVOO and sprinkle with the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (about a handful).

Bake the chicken pockets until cooked through and light golden brown, 20-25 minutes.

0 comments: