While these pictures are slightly horrifying compared to food blogs that I read all the time, I just had to share a pic. of my 1st cheesecake. It was delicious and divine...and totally sinful. Cory is sad to hear that I will be giving most of it away since I highly doubt we need to eat the entire thing ourselves :) I got this recipe from Bakerella and I think I have found my 'keeper' recipe for plain cheesecake. While my cheesecake did crack, I am not to worried about that. Hey its not like I am the cheesecake factory here.... Have I mentioned before that cheesecake is my favorite dessert in the entire world? Yummy!!!!!!
Cheesecake- (check out this website www.bakerella.com)
2.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 (8oz.) packages cream cheese
1.5 cups sugar
3 Tbsp flour
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp lemon juice
* Preheat oven to 325 degrees
* Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
* Stir in melted butter until moistened.
* Pour the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan (3 inches tall). Press the crumbs into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan.
* Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove and cool to room temperature.
* To make the cheesecake filling, cream the sugar, cream cheese and flour with an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
* On medium low, add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition.
* On low, add sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla just until combined.
* Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes at 325.
* Make sure to take it out of the oven before the center looks done. It will be kind of wobbly and it will move in one piece. The center will look more shiny than the edges. That’s ok because it will continue to cook a little while it’s in the pan.
* Remove from the oven and let cool completely to room temperature.
* Hope that it doesn’t crack.
* Go ahead and separate the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a knife around the edges. I also opened and reclosed the springform pan to help separate.
* Chill in the refrigerator overnight. That’s right. It’s best to make this the day before because it needs plenty of time to chill and firm up.
Lace Sugar Cookies
6 days ago