Thursday, June 25, 2009

Eating healthy?? Not as easy as it sounds....

Trying to eat healthy is alot harder then it used to be. Sure I will steam fresh veggies for supper but then Cory don't want them unless there is cheese and bacon on top of them, LOL. Or when I tried to make veggie kabobs and Cory was so excited until he seen that they were exactly that, veggie kabobs. He thought I was going to wrap the veggies in bacon!! Kinda of kills the point of healthy?!?! I am also a sucker for pasta which makes it hard to eat healthy but we have switched to whole grain pasta, which now Cory and I both don't like regular pasta, so that helps, right? Anyways, I thought I would share this great healthy recipe from Men's Health that Cory and I both loved!



Pesto Shrimp Pasta

4 oz "Barilla Plus" penne pasta
14 medium-size precooked, peeled shrimp
3 C chopped baby spinach
1 tomato, chopped
3 tbsp ready-made pesto
3 tbsp crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 tbsp diced walnuts


Boil the pasta according to the package directions. If you're using frozen shrimp, defrost them by running warm water over them. Drain the pasta. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients, stirring well to help wilt the spinach and mix in the pesto.

0 comments: